Wednesday, November 7, 2012

How it all began...

I have always loved pizzas but it was always the 'pizza hut' pizzas which I used to eat and I thought that there could be nothing better than that....Well, that was until my then would be husband (we have been married 5yrs since) changed my belief..He had traveled to Italy after we got engaged and survived on pizzas during his stay there .That opened his eyes to a whole new world of pizzas. He fell in love with them and since I was in love with him..I wanted to love what he loved..and well the rest is history..!

We moved to Dubai in 2008 and it was in 2009 that we had our first 'Best pizza in Dubai'. We now have a list of pizza places we have visited and we rate  them. My husband is a vegetarian and we mostly try out veggie pizza's but if I have company to share a pizza I try the non-veg options too..So let me get back to our Bestest pizza ever.... It was on Sep 12th  that we had this out of the world pizza( I remember the date clearly cos that's my birth date .My husband would surely forget it , well cos 'it is my birthdate'!!! He makes it a point to forget it u see !!)

It was at a restaurant called 'Toscana' at Madinat Jumeira.That pizza was so crazily delicious...that we go back there too often  (I wish they would give out some sort of membership card for loyalty :-)) .We  are regular faces there now and each time we visit there the pizza tastes just that damn good....We decided to explore more and broaden our horizons...and the search is on...

We have graduated from the pizza hut days ( No offence Pizza Hut !!!) and now are on the quest for  thin , juicy , delicious, mouth watering , fantabulous authentic Italian pizzas....I look out for offers and get information from reviews on the newspapers and internet and by the weekend have a target for a place to try. There have been times when we have taken hours to find a place..
We google the location but since I and hubby are experts at map reading (I'm being sarcastic here!!) we reach there after a lot of effort..My hubby drives and I navigate ( He claims that as the reason for getting lost most of the time...but i would rather not comment on it ) :-) Nothing can deter us and all the effort is worth it for a yummy pizza. He is now considering investing in a GPS so that we can get to satisfy our taste buds faster !







No comments:

Post a Comment