Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pizza @ Toscana



Yesterday we headed to my favorite pizza place 'Toscana' which has been number 1 on " my best pizza in Dubai " list. Toscana is located at Madinat Jumeirah. I just love the atmosphere at Madinat Jumeirah, designed like a traditional Arabic souk, it totally takes you back in time... My daughter loves the  souvenir shops with the miniature Burj Khalifas & Burj Al Arabs. Sand artists display their art work and loads of touristy things to do there...

We were at Toscana by 8p.m, and were surprised to find  the outdoor seating full, in spite of it being a weekday!! I wonder why people are not at home, and then realized that they must be looking at me and thinking the very same thing..:-). 




Toscana is located by the waterside. It's a lovely view from the restaurant and its best to be seated outdoors in the winter months. The waiter told us we would have to wait for a table outside and since we needed to head home by 10pm we took the table indoors.


We ordered a vegetarian pizza, "Pizza Toscana" - Eggplant, sun dried tomato, black olives and fresh basil. My daughter got busy with coloring and we waited in anticipation for the pizza to arrive.


The pizza came in about 10 min and my husband was ready to pounce on it. I had to ask him to wait till I took a picture of it, but he was impatient as ever and I couldn't get a great shot!


Crispy and sinfully thick with fresh cheese and basil, this pizza is delicious. I generally do not like eggplant but it tastes real good on this pizza.

The pizza is expensive at Dhs 65 but a once in a while indulgence on something this yummy is absolutely okay!

I will not give it a 5/5 as the portion size has reduced over time and seems a little overpriced now.
 
The Tiramisu here alone is worth the trip, comes in a small cup and is the best I have tasted.

Rating : 4/5





P.S- A few friends suggested that I should add more pictures in my blog and I've done that...hope you all like it! :-)



3 comments:

  1. No Doubt, this pizza looks sexy as ever. I definitely would want to try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Pictures. One more suggestion.. Food items should be ideally captured from a top angle so that the whole dish is visible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting blog...surprised that u non-foody's decided to write a blog on food !! and vegetarian pizzzaaa is borrring.Try the non -veg and im sure u'll have lots more to pen down ;).Keep the hunt going... we will will visit the No.1 spot on ur list ..once i come there next :)

    ReplyDelete