Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pizza @ Carluccios

Friday mornings always begin with a rush to the door by me and my husband for getting our hands on the 'Friday' magazine by Gulf News.He loves to look through the section on cars and travel and I love to look out for fashion trends and new recipes.The last issue had an article on the Italian chef and restaurateur Antonio Carluccio. A very inspiring article of Mr.Carluccio who once worked as a painter and salesman and later in life realized his true passion lay in cooking.He followed his dream and made it big in life.


I decided that I must try a  pizza at Carluccios and headed to the branch in Mirdiff city centre.Carluccios is located at the first floor and has simple interiors.To my daughters delight, the waitress came with a box of
crayons and an activity paper. Its always tough to keep her entertained when we are out for dinner, and this was
great..my child was entertained and I was eagerly waiting to sink my teeth into a good pizza.We ordered Rustica, which is a new addition to their vegetarian option.The pizza was made of mozarella and fontina cheese, and came with roasted potatoes. We ordered some sun dried tomatoes as an extra topping. The pizza was a bit bland as if it missed something, can't put my finger on what exactly ...poured in some chilli oil to spice it up a bit, but it didn't work.The pizza was okay and could be a lot better, must try some different pizza the next time!!!

Rating : 2.5 / 5

For the menu please visit : http://www.carluccios.com/restaurants/dubai-mirdif-city-centre

2 comments:

  1. If possible do post pictures of the restaurants as well so that we get an idea of the ambience in offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, will surely post pictures of the pizza places i visit in future blogs.

      Delete